Weet-Bix SurfGroms for ages 5 – 12yrs
ALL LEVELS: SurfGroms will be divided into SMALL groups.
Supported by six-time women’s world surfing champion Stephanie Gilmore and world champion men’s surfer Tom Carroll, WEET-BIX SurfGroms adopts approach to learning that not only equips your child with surfing skills but encourages participation by making it fun.
Every WEET-BIX SurfGroms lesson is designed to create a positive and supportive learning environment so every participant can gain enough skills, confidence and experience to enjoy the freedom of surfing for a lifetime.
The Illawarra Surf Academy introduces beginners gently to the Ocean, as they go on to learn the core surfing skills they’ll need in the ocean across five incremental skill levels. SurfGroms learn fundamental Ocean Awareness and Beach Safety skills, such as surf survival, rescue techniques and basic first aid skills, as well as how to understand varying surf conditions while on the beach. Every WEET-BIX SurfGrom will receive a free Quiksilver or Roxy Participant Pack when they register for the first time each season. This pack contains the following items:
- A Quiksilver or Roxy Backpack
- A Weet-Bix SurfGroms Rash-vest
- Quiksilver or Roxy Cap
- Toyota wax Comb
- Weet-Bix GO Breakfast Biscuits
- Weet-Bix SurfGroms Logbook
- Woolworths Healthy Lunch Boxes inspired by Olympians
- Nikon Sticker
- Banana Boat Sun Comfort SPF 50+
This amazing pack is delivered for free, directly to your door following registration on any WEET-BIX SurfGroms program in Australia. Every WEET-BIX SurfGrom will also receive a certificate boasting their achievements through the five WEET-BIX SurfGroms skill levels. WEET-BIX SurfGroms is a national junior development program for 5 to 14-year-olds that encourages
kids to get involved in surfing all around Australia.
Every Grom will receive a custom certificate when they complete a skill level, and a graded
wristband that boasts their level of achievement throughout the program. WEET-BIX SurfGroms is a world-first, cutting-edge national junior surfing program – so sign up now!
We will provide you with the following when you arrive for your lesson:
- Safe, stable soft top Surfboard
- Warm Steamer Wetsuit
- Rash Shirt
- Professional Instruction from our experienced local surf coaches
- Privatized Tuition
- 1 : 6 Coach to Surfer Ratio
- Taught by friendly, qualified and experienced hand-picked local surf coaches
- Covers all the basics: from warm-up, to paddling, to catching waves and standing
- Includes important surf and safety rules
- Relaxed, supportive vibe
- Professional and well organised
- Massive fun!
What to Bring
- Drinking water
- Your booking voucher (printed or on your phone)
- A HUGE smile!!….
Where to meet us
Where to meet us
My 10 year old daughter has been learning to surf through these guys and she's had an absolute ball. They make it fun and enjoyable for the kids but teach them also beach safety etc. My daughter looks forward to summer approaching so she can head back!Nean 0037